Wiring Instructions for Electromagnetic Lock

Hi William,
I originally asked this question a little over five years ago and you answered quite promptly and included some diagrams. The wiring instructions you gave me back in 2018 worked like a charm for my lock. With that in mind, I have built another cabinet utilizing the same components but I do not have access to my original build to duplicate the wiring and I have added a second magnetic lock to the configuration. Furthermore, the original wiring diagram you sent in 2018 is no longer available on your server. For that reason, I’ve included the original question again in the hopes you can show me the necessary wiring diagram for 202U and electromagnetic lock. Here’s the original question:

I just finished building a cabinet that will be concealed behind a mirror and installed in a 2 X 6 stud wall. I’m using the 202U receiver which will control two electromagnetic locks to keep the cabinet normally closed until I activate the transmitter to cut power to the magnets and open the door. Is it possible you can offer some basic wiring directions with an image if possible and include the best dip switch settings that will allow the magnets to release momentarily or just long enough for the door to open. I purchased a small CCTV 12 volt power supply that will be hard wired to the 202U receiver for power. Since the original question went live several years ago, I have added a second electromagnetic lock to secure the door on both sides since the cabinet opens out, and to the right. I’m going to program both locks to open on that relay with button A at the same time. Currently, all three of the dip switches are in the off/down position. Any help would be most appreciated. I can send a link to a Dropbox folder with high definition images to the lock manual.
Kind Regards
Nicky

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.