Using 202u as gate opener

I am new to this, please bear with me. I am hoping to use this remote receiver to control a linear actuator to open/close. Ideally, i would like it to be on a timer, so press A, actuator extends for 20 sec and stops, and press B, vise versa.

I would be ok if it can just do the following: Press A, actuator extends, and I manually press A to stop the motor. Press B to retract actuator, and B again to stop.

How should i program the DIP switches position, and how should the 2 wires from the actuator be linked to the receiver? Thank you very much.

Can you please send me the link to your actuator’s datasheet / manual?

It is the generic linear actuator sold on amazon/ebay. 2 wires attached to the actuator. Here is a link to the product.

ECO-WORTHY Heavy Duty 330lbs Solar Tracker Linear Actuator Multi-function (12V, 8") https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NM8H5SC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glc_fabc_pS.2FbR5G4FRB

I see, please refer to following topic, your actuator works similar as DC motor in this application.

So i got the relay to do what i need, but it would work for a few opening, and then the relay would click but actuator not moving. Any idea?

From your actuator’s description, the load current is max. 3A, so that should be fine.

Maybe you can check wires connection? or use multimeter to check further.

Thanks.

Is there a fuse on the controller?

No, there isn’t, you need to use external fuses if needed.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.