I have been using a 202U V5 wireless relay switch for my 2 garage doors successfully for about 3 years using multiple remotes in two cars. The range has been excellent. As of yesterday I was able to consistently open my garage doors from 400 feet away. Suddenly today both remotes stopped working.
I have tried the following:
1. Checked voltage on power adapter - it was stable 12 volts output
2. I discovered that if I placed the remote very close to and in front of the relay switch the doors might sometimes open.
It seemed unlikely but I investigated whether perhaps the remotes battery’s (albeit on two different remotes simultaneously?) suddenly got very weak.
3. So I changed the battery’s on both my remotes. Still got very sporadic operation that was successful only at very close proximity.
4. I tried reprogramming the remote buttons but discovered that after pressing PRG1 (or PRG2) and then pressing the remote button I did not reliably get the three flashing lights. If I tried multiple times I would very occasionally get the 3 flashing lights. This was happening even with fresh battery’s.
5. I then tried reverting to factory settings. After resetting I reprogrammed (again with sporadic response from PRG1 and PRG2) the remote buttons. I was back to the same situation. The buttons work but very rarely and only when less than 3 feet from the front of the relay box.
I was thinking of ordering a new power adapter even though it seems to be producing the proper output. I am out of ideas.
Any suggestions are appreciated.