Signal light does not come on

Following exactly the steps in your video called “202U V5 new programming features - true versatile button to channel mapping” the signal light does not come on at all. The power light is on, and I am using 14V for power. Is this unit defective?

When you program new remotes, by pressing and hold either learn button PRG1 or PRG2.

Does the SIG led turns on?

I was trying to power the unit from the 14 volts to the switch by simply bridging the power over. I had a red power light, but when I pressed either learn buttons I could get no signal light to come on. I have since rewired it to use an external 12v power source, and it works perfectly. I would have prefered to use the power already running to the switch, but it works well enough with an external power source. If there is a diagram I could view of how to bridge the power to use the 14 volts coming to the switch, I’d love to see it. How I did it was to bring the ground and 14 volts in to com and no, and then with two short wires simply bridge those over to the two power terminals. That did not work.

Please refer to the following photo for shared power configuration.

https://imgur.com/a/oMZQYDX

• Please note, some power source might not work, because there are other specs than voltage regarding power (e.g. the quality, max current supply ability etc).
    Some power source can cause damage to our receiver.

Thanks for that very clear image, but it’s not quite what I was trying to do. The power that would be coming in is also the power that needs to be switched. It’s a standard garage door button that looks like a doorbell with two wires coming to it…one is 14v positive and the other is ground or neg. When these are touched (or the button pushed) the door opens. So the power that would supply the relay is also the power that needs to be switched (intermittent). Since there is a constant 14v supply to the doorbell intermittent button it should be possible to run the relay off of that power.

I see, I guess the problem is, the 14v coming to doorbell is not capable to handle our receiver’s relay operation.

Genie company actually wrote a article about this several years ago.

In this case, a dedicated power supply is required.