Receiver not responding

Hello again William. I installed the 202U receiver on the tailgate lift today, however it doesn’t seem to be working. I performance the transmitter learn procedure as per the instructions, I held the prg1 button down and presses a button on the transmitter… the signal light on the receiver lit up and blinked 3 times at which point I released the prg1 button. But when I press the button on the transmitter the receiver doesn’t do anything, and the signal light does not light up indicating it even hears the remote. I tried re-learning the transmitter multiple times, on both prg1 and prg2… also tried with the second transmitter with same result. Am I missing something or did I receive a defective unit?

Nevermind that one. It appears that even tho the receiver would learn the transmitter oK, the transmitter was too close to the receiver when I’d try to test it’s function. After stepping back a few feet it works as it should. Although, I see that when in pulse/momentary mode there’s a decent delay between releasing the button and the relay turning off… about 1 - 1.5 seconds. That will make it difficult to be accurate with the movement of a lift gate. Is there any way to improve this trait? Is this due to the rolling code? As radio control toy transmitter/receivers for example have very little, if any, noticeable delay between transmitter state change and receiver response.

Forgot to add. If not due to the rolling code process… is it possible the response delay is due to a capacitor in the circuit controlling the primary side of the relay? It would explain why the delay is only seen when turning off and not when turning on. The time taken for the small drain of the primary coil in the relay to drain the capacitor after the circuit has been de-energized.

Hello,

The delayed off feature is designed, actually it is common practice for wireless relays to implement this feature in momentary working mode (this has nothing to do with fixed code or rolling code).

This is because, with this feature, relays will hold even encountered short RF interference, thus better work as customer anticipated, at least in most circumstances.

To further improve RF stability, our transmitter will transmit at least 3 times, further increased the on time.

Sorry this is a feature by design, implemented in software, and has nothing to do with code format or capacitor.

Ah, I see. Perhaps real-time control response isn’t a common use for these type of boards. But if you’d find it worth while to cover the scenario, may I suggest possibly adding a small trim pot such as this ( https://cdn.solarbotics.com/products/photos/93831e3fb400ce876c4b761a28b734fe/rt10k.jpg ) of which it’s range would correspond to amount of delay for relay shutoff. Board space and added cost would be minimal ( if deemed worthwhile ), and additional coding would just be a simple analog input read matched to a table range for delay times… just a few steps worth of options from max delay down to a few milliseconds. Anyways, thanks for the answers again, it’s appreciated.

Thanks for the suggestion, it is very interesting, I will ask engineer to consider this in future designs (and implement if possible), it may take long time (since our next design Ver5 is already finished and it seems there is no more space onboard).

Thanks!