Puzzled over utility of limit switch

I am really puzzled by the utility of the limit switches. Reading the FAQ and by my own trial and error it seems that once a limit is reached, the appropriate relay is turned off and the system stops. At that point, the remote has no affect… UNTIL, SOMEHOW the limit switch is released. Per one FAQ question:

“Once limit switch released, the relay will revert back to the state that it should be in (purely by remote control command), without limit switches.”

So it appears to me that the only utility of the limit switch is only for some form of emergency shut off. Once the limit is reached, one cannot control the system with the remote until the limit is released by some alternative means (i.e. manually).

Is this interpretation correct? If not, how does one reverse the control once a limit is reached.

Yes, you’re correct.

So it appears to me that the only utility of the limit switch is only for some form of emergency shut off. Once the limit is reached, one cannot control the system with the remote until the limit is released by some alternative means (i.e. manually).

It is used as manual override to turn relay off.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.