Need simple instuctions to use 202U to turn light on/off

I’d need a simple set of instructions to set up a 202U v3 2-Ch receiver to simply switch a device (a set of LED lights) on and off, using the remotes (TX-114 v3) that came with the receiver, step by step from taking it out of the box to it working. Thank you.

Hello Vince,

Sure I will try to write as detailed as possible, and let me know if you need further information.

I’ve uploaded a simple wiring diagram here, please check it out.

https://postimg.org/image/sh4nr8dkv/
https://imgur.com/a/oMZQYDX

** I’m assuming you’re using both 12VDC for your LED and our receiver, please let me know if you’re not.

** Also please make sure the LED’s current rating is less than 10A.

** When connect wires to LED strip, make sure the polarity is correct or it may cause damage to your LED and/or other stuff.

First you will need to power up our receiver, and program the remotes.

Since you’re using it on LED lights, so I’m assuming you have already got a 12V DC power adapter, you can use that to power up our receiver (as in my photo), and it’s better if you got something like DC jacket to terminals converter for easier wiring, but if you don’t have it, no problem, just cut the end of power adapter, and keep the two wires coming from it, connect it to our receiver’s power terminals.

Polarity doesn’t matter (for our receiver) as our receiver will handle it automatically.

Now if everything is ok, you will see the PWR led light up, then you can carry on program remotes to receiver (please refer to the manual come with receiver for details)

You can program remotes to either relay channel, for starter, let’s program button A to channel 1.

Test receiver action

Now after a successful programming, when you press button A, you can see the SIG led as well as corresponding relay’s led light up, and the relay will click.

It means the receiver is good and remote-receiver link is established, so we’re good to go ahead wire the led strips.

Since you’re using it to control LED strips, I would assume it’s possible you will need to switch our receiver to hold (toggle) mode, refer to our manual for DIP switches setting, also you can change it later.

Now we hook up the target (LED strips)

See the photo attached above, you can see we’re using relay 1 to control the LED strips power on/off.

When relay 1 is activated, then COM (Common) is connected to N/O (normally open), the power is coming from adapter to LED’s positive terminal. since the negative wire is always connected, so current flows through LED, it light up.

You can experiment with other controlling method if you are interested, but for a simple on/off control, the above steps would work fine.

Please let me know the results, thanks.

Hi William,
Thank you very much for the detailed instructions and diagram.
It’s working perfectly.
Best,
Vince

Thanks Vince for letting me know the results, and glad to hear it works.

I will mark the topic as resolved now, and please let me know if you need more help in future.

Two thumbs up. Just what I was looking for.

Hi William,
I am now getting ready to do 4 more LED signs (I bought 4 new 202U devices) and I have a question: How many separate sets of lights can we control through a single receiver? It seems that we should be able to do 2 (one for each relay). Is there a way to do more by any chance?
Thanks,
Vince

Hello Vince,

If you would like to control individually / seperately, then each 202U support up to 2 LEDs, because there’re only 2 relays on board.

If, for example, several leds will be turned on/off at the same time, then perhaps you can hook several leds to same relay.

But in that circumstance, please make sure all added current per relay<10A.

I think it should be on LED’s datasheet.

Please let me know if you have other questions, thanks.

Understood. That’s what I thought but I just wanted to be sure. I’ll be connecting 1 color LED strip to 1 relay and another color to the other relay. I’ll get more receivers if I decide to add more colors.
Thank you for the quick response, as usual.

Hi William,

Quick question: I am looking to do something similar as described above for an electric door strike. In your diagram the black (neutral) line that is coming from the led connects to the black wire (like a T connection) that runs between the power source and the terminal on the 202u. This may be a really dumb question (I am not an electrician): Can’t I just take the black wire that comes from the LED and terminate it in the 202u terminal together with the black wire that comes from the power source?

Also, if I see this correctly, the red (positive) must be “jumpered” from the power (input) terminal to the relay (N/O) terminal to provide power to the attached device when the relay is activated, correct?

Thank you!

Frank

Hi Frank,

Yes of course, just make sure all black wires are linked together should be fine. ( no ‘T’ connection necessary ).

Yes the red wire must be jumpered.

Thanks.