L-Visor-2 does not stay paired...and now will not re-pair

Purchased 2 L Visor 2 to replace a 139.53879 as per Amazon. After about 15 attempts for each the new remotes paired. Tested several times later that day…they worked ok. This morning neither of the two new remotes work and will not pair…wont even flash the light on the unit when doing the pair. I replaced the batteries …still no good. My remaining original 139 still works fine.

Whats up?

Hi,

From the model number 139.53879, you door should be a green learn button one (billion code 390mhz) opener.

So please make sure our remote is in Mode 2 (the led on Remote should flashes, when pressed & hold any button).

The method how to change from Mode 1 (factory default) to Mode 2 can be found on Amazon product listing videos.

Also during programming, maybe you can try other buttons on remote (such as small buttons), to see if other remote button works.

If programming works, it should goes very smoothly, definitely not need 15 attempts.

If still not, usually I would recommend erase all codes on opener, then try again.
but if you prefer not to reset opener, please just see if you can return for refund.

Thanks and let me know if it works, or if you have other questions.

Hi… the garage door opener has the RED learn and the 139.53879 remote is the original that came with the unit when purchased from Sears. I’ve misplaced the others. I even did the pair procedure on the original remote make sure that function still works…and it does.

I see,
So please make sure our remote is in Mode 2 (the led on Remote should flashes, when pressed & hold any button).

The method how to change from Mode 1 (factory default) to Mode 2 can be found on Amazon product listing videos.

Also during programming, maybe you can try other buttons on remote (such as small buttons), to see if other remote button works.

If programming works, it should goes very smoothly, definitely not need 15 attempts.

Thanks and please let me know.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.