How do you wire for electro magnetic lock

I am trying to use the controller and remote to unlock a normally closed electric magnetic lock.

How would I set the dip switches and wiring to make it work?

Thanks,

William

Could you please send a link to your lock’s manual?

Please see the attached jpeg files for you to review.

The application will be the electro magnetic lock will always be on locking a door. When the user clicks button A the door will release the lock for 20 seconds before the electric mag lock will be reactivated again to lock the door. The user will have 20 seconds to open the door and can lock it after they enter thru the door.

It seems your Locknetics 7764 Door Position Switch is just a sensor that can output signal to control either led or other relays.

For your application to work, you might need something like this http://www.seco-larm.com/E-941SA-1K2PQ?filter_name=E-941SA ?

Okay William. If I were to get the lock you recommend, how would I wire it?

Thanks,

William

William, I have another electro magnetic lock that just has 2 wires and white and red. I can attach these to a 12 vDC battery and break the circuit and it releases. How would I wire it to your controller?

Thanks,

William

See below, use 12Vdc power supply.

William,

This helps a lot. One last question: I have read your manual. What section of dip switches and program button would I use to get the controller to work with the picture you provide me?

Thanks,

William Thomas

Program remote to relay 1,
and please check the video below for dip switches, programming etc.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.