Homelink compatibility, how to tell if my HL will work?

Hello,

The 202U seems like a great unit and we were able to program it to operate the devices I wanted it to control (in this case, LED light bar on the roof rack of my car). This seems like a very well made unit and I am happy with that part of my installation. However, I would like to be able to put away the TX134 remotes and use my Homelink buttons to operate the lights. I have read here in your help forum that many Homelink systems will not work, but I cannot tell if mine is one of the incompatible HL units.

Here’s what I have:
2015 Mercedes GLA 250. The MB owners manual says the Homelink system is “compatible with devices that have units which operation the frequency range of 280 to 433 MHz” but the info sheet on my car (the thing that you get from the VIN decoders) says for the garage door opener, “232 GARAGE DOOR OPENER WITH 284 - 390 MHZ FREQUENCY” so I’m not even sure which frequency range is correct. The MB owners manual references this FCC ID https://fcc.report/FCC-ID/CB2HMIHL4 I don’t know if any of the info sheets on that site help?

The Solidremote unit info is the 202U V6

When I try to program the Homelink, I get through the first step where the lights indicate that the HL received and stored the signal from the TX 134. I followed the process for the rolling codes too. But, when I press the Homelink button, the 202U doesn’t seem to receive anything from it.

I’d like to know if there’s any hope of getting these to play together. I don’t mind persisting if there’s hope, but I don’t want to waste time if there’s no chance of getting the Homelink buttons to trigger my 202U.

Thank you so much for any help or guidance you can provide!

Christine
Phila, PA, USA

Hi,
The steps you use to program is correct,
So if 202U doesn’t receive signal from your car, then 202U most likely won’t work.
I will need to ask engineer to look into this issue,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.