202u v4 Failed Relay

I purchased a 202u v4 to act as a remote run/kill switch for my son’s power wheels. It worked fine for about 3 weeks and today Relay #1 quit switching. The light still toggles on and off when I press the button but the relay never actually changes states. Relay #2 functions fine. I thought maybe it was due to high current, but the motor is rated for 12V, 35W so I feel like I have enough margin with the 10A contact rating. Did I simply get a faulty relay? Any other ideas as to what may have caused it to fail? Can the relay be replaced or will I need to just buy a new unit?

Hi Mark,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

LED toggles on and off means the control circuit is still working, and relay doesn’t click means the relay itself is not working anymore. (so the problem is in relay)

First, I would like to say, please return the unit for refund, and after you get the money back, you can buy another one, or check other products.

Technically, our relay’s spec sheet can be found at https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61+Zh9Tz0qL.pdf

Generally speaking, relay will allow less current for inductive load (such as motor), than resistive load (such as light), but still our relay allows up to 6A @ 14VDC for inductive load (see spec sheet above).

So I think maybe the relay is faulty.

(But since SONGLE relay is a trusted brand, so maybe) you can check your power wheels’s spec sheet, see if there is more information regarding the current during start, normal working etc. (which might be problem).

We will continuously monitoring the quality feedback to improve our products in future, and thanks for your feedback.

Please let me know if you have other questions, thanks.

Thanks for the reply. I purchased the relay via Amazon. Should I follow their return procedures?

Sure, since our product is fulfilled by Amazon, so just follow Amazon return procedure should be ok.

Thanks.